Writer’s often fought with their minds to focus. There are times when their focus makes them create exceptional work over days. But then there will always be a phase of slump when they cannot even make sense of their days, let alone their own mind.
Focus is something that keeps a writer moving forward. With ample distractions at our fingertips, it is important to make sure that your writing doesn’t suffer.
Here are a few suggestions for go-to books that will help you increase your focus and productivity.
● Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World Cal Newport
● Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence by Daniel Goleman
● The One Thing (Gary Keller)
● The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Stephen Covey)
● Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity (David Allen)
● The Compound Effect (Darren Hardy)
● Free to Focus (Michael Hyatt)
● Principles: Life and Work (Ray Dalio)
● Living the 80/20 Way (Richard Koch)
● Eat that Frog! (Brian Tracy)
● Extreme Productivity: Boost Your Results, Reduce your Hours (Robert Pozen
● Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-free Productivity — By David Allen
● The One Thing — By Gary Keller
● Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World (Kindle Edition) by Cal Newport
● The Power of Focus (Paperback) by Jack Canfield
● Indestructible: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life (Hardcover) by Nir Eyal
● Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
● Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction (Hardcover) by Chris Bailey
● Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience (Paperback) by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
● Your Brain at Work: Strategies for Overcoming Distraction, Regaining Focus, and Working Smarter All Day Long (Hardcover) by David Rock
Focus is the most important nutrient for a writer’s mind. Keep your mind nourished with focus and see the garden of your mind grow words that are worth transforming lives.